Search This Blog

Pages

18 September 2015

MIMI



My name is Miracle, my mummy calls me Mimi. 

She named me Miracle because it took a long time for my mummy to have me. I am 14 months old now. 

My mummy works a lot and she cannot take me to work because it is not allowed in her office.

I don’t know where my daddy is and baby daycare is too expensive for my mummy’s
salary so she leaves me at home with Kudi.

Kudi is my nanny.

 I don’t know where she came from. My mummy said a friend of hers brought Kudi from her village because Kudi’s parents were too poor to send her to school and she needed to make some money.

I don’t like Kudi very much. She is only nice to me when my mummy is around. 

Whenever my mummy leaves for work, kudi leaves me in my cot for hours and she doesn’t attend to me, even when I cry. She tells me to shut up that she is only here because she needs the money that I should not disturb her.

Kudi has a boy friend that comes over whenever my mummy is not around. She sneaks him in through the back door because she doesn’t want the neighbours to see him and tell my mummy.

 They do things in our sitting room that I don’t understand. It makes me cry and Kudi never answers. One day Kudi slapped me across the face because I was crying too much and her boyfriend had to leave because I was disturbing them. 

She later told my mummy that I felt down from the chair.

I miss my mummy everyday. I cry so that she doesn’t have to leave and leave me with Kudi.

One time, Kudi pushed me in the bathroom when she wanted to bathe me and I hit my head. She did it because my mummy told her that she couldn’t travel the weekend before because my mummy wanted to go for a checkup at the hospital and she couldn’t take me.

Kudi drinks all my Ribena and she tells my mummy that I drank it. When I cry for it, she locks me in the room until I fall asleep.

Kudi watches TV all day and she doesn’t have time for me. When I go potty in my diapers, she doesn’t change me until my mummy is almost due to be home.

Two days ago, my mummy came home early because she wasn’t feeling too well and found out. She was very angry and slapped Kudi.

This morning when my mummy left for work, Kudi mixed something with my Ribena and gave me to drink. I had missed taking my Ribena so I gulped it down quickly. 

My tummy started to hurt after that. I cried and cried but nobody came. 

Kudi ran away.

I cried until I fell asleep.

The pain in my tummy went away then...

But I went away too.

My mummy cried and cried but it didn't bring me back.





Inspired by a true story



































email: bbannesworld@gmail.com
 twitter: @bbannesworld




















 Stories posted on this blog are fiction and a product of the writer's imagination. They do not refer to any person or persons. Similarities to real life characters are purely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment