Search This Blog

Pages

10 October 2015

NAYA (3)




***

The police officers looked at each other, the scene was incomprehensible. 

The bodies looked like they had been attacked by some kind of wild animal and then shoved into the car. There was blood everywhere, all over the windows, the windscreen, the seats, the doors, even on the floor outside the car. There seemed to be limbs missing in one or two of them. They couldn’t really be sure from where they were standing. 

The crowd of onlookers was growing fast, one of the officers picked up his phone, made a call and spoke rapidly into it. What was taking them so long to get there? He had called for a back up team with an ambulance to carry the bodies over 20 minutes ago. He turned his back to the sleek looking car to face a growing crowd of people who had whipped out phones to take pictures. 


He shivered and tried to catch his breath, it was all he could do but vomit right there. 

He glanced at his partner. 

He seemed oblivious to the smell and the heat of the day. He looked at the crowed once again. When had death become something of nonchalance? The world was a crazy place, he thought.


***

Naya groaned awake, she was sprawled on the floor of her bathroom, water sprayed lightly on her back. 

She struggled to sit up. She felt stiff and sore. She had blacked out again. She closed her eyes and rubbed at the stiffness in her neck. She paused, her skin felt dry and hard, almost flaky. 

She opened her eyes and examined her palm. 

It was crimson red. 

Naya brushed away the soreness she felt and jumped to her feet straight to her bathroom mirror.

She stared, agape, at her reflection; her hair was covered in blood. Some parts were dry and caked. 

Her body began to tremble violently as she examined herself and realized that the blood wasn’t hers.

“Oh God” she muttered to herself “Oh God”

She picked up her phone and dialed.



12 hours earlier

“I don’t understand what you mean by you’re not ready” Itan complained “we’ve been at this for the past couple of months. Are you trying to tell me that you don’t love me enough to do this?”

Naya shook her head 

“no you don’t understand. I need more time. I have some issues I’m dealing with right now. I just need to be able to go through with it and right now, I can’t”

He paced up and down the room

 “you know what. I think we should just take another break. It’s obvious to me that this relationship isn’t going anywhere. There’s no need to try and salvage it now. Maybe I should take another month to figure out if this can really work. I can’t deal with this halfway mark any longer. I’ve tried Naya but it’s not working for me”

Itan had broken up with her two months ago.

 He had called her to get back together again and since she still had feelings for him, she had gone to see him and he was breaking up with her again because she wasn’t ready for his advances yet. 

Why had sex become so important all of a sudden? They had done every other thing but she just couldn’t bring herself to go the extra mile.

“Why are you talking like this? When we started out, I told you I had some certain reservations about this and you said you were okay with it so why am I hearing all these now?”

 ‘I’m a man Naya, I have needs and you are not fulfilling those needs. Our halfway mark isn’t doing anything for me either. Leaving me hanging after all the foreplay is making it worse.”

“You told me you would be there for me Itan. That’s why I let you into my life”

Naya hated the way she sounded like a needy little girl but she was beyond embarrassment, she needed at least something to work in her life.

“I know what I said but we’ve been together for almost a year and really, I’m tired. Every time I try to touch you, it’s the same things. I’m not ready. I’m dealing with issues. When will these issues end?”

“I don’t know and I really wish I could tell you but I can’t”

“well there’s no need to talk about it anymore then”         
  
“I guess so” she picked up her purse to leave “but it’s final now. We won’t get back together again. I’m tired too” she said and turned away.


***

Dr Charles hung up his phone, stood and began to get dressed.

He looked at the time for the first time since he’d received Naya’s phone call, it was almost 3 am.

She had been frantic. 

Something about blood everywhere. He had told her to call the police and she had refused saying she wouldn’t know what to tell them.

He had told her to leave her house to spend the night in a hotel.

They were now at a point of no return. He had to convince to approve the hypnosis so that they could deal with her suppressed memories and hopefully release her from their hold on her.

He went to his kitchen and prepared to make himself a cup of tea then he retrieved her file from his home office and started to go through it. 

Naya was his most difficult patient and that was why he always brought her file home with him. He'd hoped that by studying his notes on her and listening to their recordings, he could finally figure it out but every time he thought there might be improvement, things always spun out of control. 

He sighed, i would have to wait till morning.





 That morning, Dr Charles office

Dr Charles frowned as Naya opened her eyes, she was under hypnosis, she was not supposed to open her eyes unless he specifically said so.

She had surprised him that morning by asking for the hypnosis. He hadn't needed to  say a word about it to her. She had simply walked in and said "I want the hypnosis" and they had started right after.

It had taken her 12 minutes to be put under, three times the normal average, almost as if she was resisting

“Why? Why? WHY the F**k do you insist on retrieving her childhood memories?” she asked

Dr Charles looked at her puzzled

 Naya had never sworn a day since he’d started treating her, she sounded different, her voice seemed deeper, her body language different, she seemed to be sitting more upright.

“Naya, you will close your eyes and focus on-”

“oh please, get over yourself, she’s not here” she said “fuck! She’s soooo weak! I can’t believe she finally let you hypnotize her, just because she saw a little blood. What’s a little blood anyway?”

Dr Charles ignored the sweat that broke out on his forehead in the otherwise air conditioned room

 “Naya, you-“ he began

“are you fucking deaf!! I AM NOT NAYA!” she spat “what the fuck kind of doctor doesn’t know his own patient?”

“excuse me?”

Dr Charles fought the incredible urge to jump out of his seat and bolt. He was looking at an entirely different person. It was Naya and at the same time it wasn’t her.

 “you’re excused doctor” she said with a wave of hand

“Naya ,I don’t understand what is-“ he began but stopped when she jumped to her feet, hands in fists at her side.

“call me Naya one more time” she said with a murderous glare “go on, do it, call me Naya”

 “if you’re not Naya, who are you then?”

His question seemed to calm her down and she sat down

“well... I like to call myself Love, you wanna know why?

“yes please”

She smiled “it reminds me of what I had to go through in the hands of that son of a bitch. Why I was created”

“which son of a bitch would that be?”

“Naya’s father, of course.”

“hmm...you say you were created, by who?”

She shrugged “Naya I guess”

“how?”

“how the f**k should I know how?” she scoffed

“so what happened to your - excuse me, Naya’s father?”

She laughed dryly

 “what the hell do you mean what happened to him? That’s just hilarious. Nothing happened to him. Even though I wish something had. Maybe I will take care of that when I leave here…it was what he did to her, f**ktard! What THEY did to her, all of those men they brought into the house, all of those nights with the mother pretending to be deaf to her daughter’s screams. All those fucking men! It was just sick! And all the father would do was hold her down and say…don’t worry my love, it will soon be over…my love! Tah! Asshole!”

“they abused her?”

“of course they did! Are you daft?!” she glared at him “she had always been beautiful but when she grew older, she grew even more beautiful, it makes me wonder how a beautiful creature could come from those ugly as hell motherfuckers, you know? Who would pawn their child out for sex with a bunch of sickos for money? And those men paid a lot!, I overheard them one night arguing about it... you see they got more confident that they had finally brainwashed her, well they had because she always went deep inside into one corner when the men came, but they didn’t have me fooled. They started leaving her alone with the men but what they didn’t know was that they were leaving ME with them, I started to fight them, I always hid a knife where no one would know, not even her eagle eyed mother, I cut them all and made them stop coming”

“why doesn’t Naya remember all of these?”

“how the fuck should I know ?” she asked him with an angry flip of hand “you’re the doctor, YOU figure it out”

Dr Charles was quiet for a while as he studied her.

He had heard of several cases of multiple personality disorder where one person could have what are called alters, usually created as a result of mind altering trauma. These alters interact with the outside world as normal.

He had been one of the doctors who had refuted the idea saying it was impossible, that the patient was simply a very good actor, nothing more.

It seemed to be what he was witnessing, to his astonishment.


“…and then when she heard that witch had died, she went for the burial. Can you believe that? How could she go back after all these while, I made her leave when she was 14! it was hard but we pulled through. I took care of her when things were hard. I caused that accident, you know. Oh yeah, came out while she was driving and crashed the car. Seeing that man again infuriated me so much I wanted to kill her for going back and making me look into his face! She didn’t have to deal with all that shit I dealt with! She ran away into one corner whenever those men came.” she finished

“so you wanted her dead”

“of course I wanted her dead! She f**king pissed me off!”

“but don’t you think you would have died too since you seem to be some kind of projection or a part of her?”

She sat back in the chair

 “well, I didn’t realize that until after I’d come out while she was driving. Because I don’t feel pain doesn’t mean I want to cease to exist. I don’t know how to drive, watched her do it a lot of times but never really bothered, difficult stuff so I went back but she wimped out when she snapped out of it and crashed the car”

“hmm, so you can come out whenever?”

“Yes. I could only do that when she was in freaking out but since that accident, I can do it whenever I want” she gave him a smug look “like I’m doing right now”

Dr Charles swallowed shakily but he continued “when was the last time you, ermm... came out?”

This time she gave him a condescending look “I think you know the answer to that question” she said “why don’t you ask me the question you really want to ask me?”

“Whose blood was on Naya’s body?”

“Bingo!” she snapped her fingers “it was so hilarious listening to her go crazy over the phone. I knew that would happen the day she found out what happened whenever I took over. I always took care to wash off afterwards, guess I was too tired last night. It was eventful”

Dr Charles looked away from her grin, it made him feel like a rat in a cat's eyes.

“The blackouts” he stated

She smiled “ding ding ding! Score two for the doctor, you’re not so dumb after all”

“and the nightmares?”

“I had nothing to do with that. That’s all her”

“Whose blood was on Naya’s body” he asked again

“my my” she tsked “you CAN be fucking persistent, can’t you?”

Dr Charles watched keenly as she stood and walk to the desk to pour a cup of water from the bottle he had kept there earlier that morning. The way she walked was different too, her strides were even long strokes unlike the normal quick short steps he was used to seeing. The normal fidgeting with her hands too were nonexistent.

“Whose blood was on Naya’s body?”

She took her time drinking the water then she poured another glass and drank that too.

 “You don’t want to know the answer to that question” she said finally, a smirk on her face “curiosity once killed the cat”

“Humour me please”

She cocked her head to the side and watched him for some time, eyes unwavering, never looking away which was the norm for the Naya he knew

“She took your stupid f**king advice to improve on her social life and she went to clubs almost every weekend..." she began '...Some weekends don’t end so good. But she doesn’t know that because I have to take care of that situation. You see, I am yet to meet a man who doesn’t want to get down with this...” 

she swept a hand down her body 

“...you inclusive. Oh yeah, I see the way you look at her when you think she’s not looking. She’s not, but I am. I see it all. The only thing is, in those fucking fucked up clubs, they do not hide it and I have to step in. You see, I love my peace and quiet. The loud music just fucking gives me a headache and those men. I hate men!” 

she paced back and forth

Dr Charles was quiet. He waited patiently

“so... couple of nights ago, she met this total douche bag and he happened to have a couple other friends who loved to gang rape unsuspecting ladies... let’s just say, they won’t be doing that anymore”

“what happened to them?”

“they’re dead asshole! What the fuck do you think happened to them?!”

Dr Charles stood from his seat, his heart had begun racing in his chest.

"you killed them" his voice was barely audible as he slowly, he began to back away from her

she looked at him with so much contempt, his blood ran cold

"of course I killed them, are you really that stupid?...and like I was saying, that’s not the source of the blood" 

she laughed gleefully, Dr Charles backed away farther, he found the way her emotions and expressions flew around very disturbing. It made her very unpredictable and he needed to be able to predict her next move in order for him to get out of there.

"oh no..." she continued "now THAT belonged to her son of a bitch boyfriend!. You see, those guys I talked about? They were friends of his. He set them on her; don’t ask me how I found out. Pain, as I've found out ... is a very good motivator.  Guess he must have called his friends the next day and there had been no response because, to my luck, he called her .” 

she shrugged then crossed one arm over her chest and used the other to tap her chin thoughtfully 

“I admit biting out his neck during sex wasn't such a good idea, it made the whole thing too messy and I was exhausted after all that anyway so I couldn't wash up well. Hence, why we are here...I should have rested a little then done him in in his sleep...what do you think, Doctor Charles?”

Chills ran down his spine at the mention of his name. He was covered in sweat, he had managed to back all the way to the door while he was in her monologue. 

She was insane. There was no other explanation for it. She had killed all those people and she was here telling him about it like she was talking about something as casual as a bake sale.

The hand he hid behind his back closed over the door knob

“awww, I can’t let you leave now” she said with a pout, looking directly at him for the first time since she'd started talking about the murders “you know some of my dirty little secrets...and there's so much more I haven't told you...please stay"

"I think...*clears throat*...think I've heard enough for one day" 

"too late" she said

He watched, frozen in terror as she closed the distance between them with lightening speed, a wild gleam in her eyes. 

Her hand closed over his throat. 

He grabbed it, struggling against the inhuman strength with which she held him. 

His vision swam as the pressure on his neck increased.

"curiosity killed the cat" she said

His eyes widened as she lifted him off the floor.

“what a shame” he heard her say as his breath was crushed from his body “she really did like you”

***

She walked into the apartment rolling her shoulders.

She stripped and got in the shower.




The End





NAYA (2)
NAYA (1)






















email: bbannesworld@gmail.com
twitter: @bbannesworld

 Stories posted on this blog are fiction and a product of the writer's imagination. They do not refer to any person or persons. Similarities to real life characters are purely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment